Monday, May 24, 2010

What gift should I give my friend for looking after my cat for a year?

I had to go traveling and my friend fostered my cat for a whole 12 months

I paid for my cat's litter and food for the whole period and I am indebted to him for doing this

I don't have an enormous amount of money to give him. I think he wouild prefer cash than a gift he may not use, though. He is short of money.

Is a gift of cash a bit rude or tacky?

Any other ideas?

http://meanderingtrevor.blogspot.com...
Answers:
Money is cool, in a card like some suggested, perhaps if you can, make a card with your cat's picture on the front and put your cat's paw in some paint and have your pet "sign" the card too! You can do fairly cheap calendars at Wal-Mart using your own photos, that's another thought for a gift, using a photo of your cat, or you and your cat and maybe holding a big "Thank You" sign. Then your friend will have a year's worth of "thank you's" for his year's worth of cat-sitting. Honestly I think it's quite nice of you to want to give some money, and I don't think it's a tacky idea at all. If you could afford it, it would be nice coupled with a gift of some sort, but if a gift isn't in the budget, make it personal in some way and just let your friend know how very much you appreciate that he did that for you.

We board our dogs quite a bit when we have to be out of town and boarding isn't cheap, and when we still had cats and we had to go away, they'd stay at a local "Kitty Hotel" of sorts, it was great for a weekend but expensive, and your friend saved you who-knows-how-much in boarding fees, and made it possible for you to remain the owner of your cat while you weren't able to physically keep your cat with you. Such a wonderful friend you have, I don't think it's rude or tacky at all to show your appreciation with some money. Thrusting a fist full of cash in his face with no explanation wouldn't be an approach I'd take, so I won't suggest that, but doing it up nicely in a card at the very least would be appropriate I believe.
well,
no money
what about something big?
like... a DVD player or a cell phone.
it's a long time (a year)
buy a nice thank you card and insert the money in it
I have a beaut! Give this very compassionate guy a gift certificate at his favorite clothing store or a store that you know he likes and frequents. Gift certificates are always appropriate and does away with the problem of tackiness.
I think money is just fine.
Why not ask him what he'd prefer.
Just give him the cat - they've probably bonded by now anyway!
I have to agree with Animallover. I think a gift certificate is a lot better than money, because money just seems as if you put no thought into the gift at all. Find out what he needs the most, and get a gift voucher from a store that sells those items.
When I look after someone's pet...they typically pay me cash, rather than give me a gift. I know I would much rather take the cash =)
Well i don't think giving money is tacky at all. I am sure it will come in handy as well i would give it in a thank you card with a nice note inside of your appreciation. He is a very nice person do such a huge favor like that.
give him a thank you card and give him cash its not rude and get him something nice thats small inexpensive that he may use a year is alot and he should be akcnoleged for that

No comments:

Post a Comment