Friday, May 21, 2010

What do I do?

There is a really sweet, gentle cat at the Humane Animal Welfare Society of Waukesha (HAWS) in Wisconsin. His name is Slim and he has been there since January. I thought it was since January of this year, but according to petfinder, it is January of '06. I think he has been there so long because he had frostbite on his ears so the very tips are missing so he isnt "perfect" looking. He still hasn't been adopted and I really wish I could adopt him but I already have 4 cats which basically puts me at capacity. I want to help find him a home but I don't know where to start. I stop in at the shelter every once and a while to say hi to the kitties, and everytime I go he is still there. He is so sweet and gentle and would make a great pet. I so want to take him home but I cant. I don't really know anyone personally who is looking for a cat, but I really want to help. What should I do?

PS If you want to see him here is the link:
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/disp...
Answers:
Try posting him on craigslist
If they're gonna put him down, just do it. I reached limit two dogs ago and nobody really cares as long as you care for the animals properly.
If his time is limited at the shelter, I'd adopt him temporarily.

Try to find a home for him yourself.

It's really sad %26 we need more people like yourself who care about these abandoned animals.

I wish you %26 him lots of luck.
look 4 something
i would offer to foster him untill you can find him a better home ... or adopt him and put an add in the paper for him for free isnt it worth it to see that he get's a good home .
My husband set my limit several times. First it was 4 because that was how many I was bottle feeding. Then it was 7, because that was how many I rescued. Then God sent me 4 more. These 4 legged children are well taken care of and up to date on shots. They are happy and healthy. Right now my limit is 11 (until God sees fit to send me another). I would not ever see a cat die because I did not do what was expected of me. Go down there and get this 4 legged child and take it home and love it the way God meant it to be loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment