Friday, May 21, 2010

What do I put on my new little plants in pots to stop my cats thinking its a nice new dirt tray?


Answers:
On a large pot's surface, use pine cones, they dislike the smell. On a smaller pot's ground surface, almost anything, like stones, so they cannot get at the gorund to 'go'. Good luck!
red chilie powder and a lightly watered down Tabasco sauce
Maybe try putting foil around the base of the plant?

purrfectchat.co.uk
Tin foil does the trick.
I had this problem too. First I made little rounds of tape with the sticky part outside so when she stuck her paw in, it would stick. But then I got tired of vacuuming trails of dirt and tape, lol! Then I went with the foil technique and it really helped. It isn't very appealing to the eye, but it does the trick!
Natural oils like cinnamon, pepermint, oil of wintergreen. Easier on the nose than hot pepper oils.
First of all, you need to move the trays out of the cat's reach. Or you could put them in a terrarium. Then second, have you tried to plant some catnip or cat grass just for them?
fence the pots with tall barbeque sticks so they won't dig it.

No comments:

Post a Comment