Friday, May 21, 2010

What could be making my cats sick?

I have 5 cats, 3 adults and 2 kittens that I got last week. The adult cats have been throwing up for the last 3 days or so, not so much today, but the other day my house was a Vomit Fest!! We called the vet %26 they suggested it may be distemperment, but I looked it up and they aren't showing any other symptoms, and that goes with alot of the feline illness I looked at. . Their food is contaminate free - I've had it since before the recalls. . . Any suggestions?
Answers:
There could be many reasons, but the simplest are:

Change of diet, if they have been fed something different then the digestive systems need to adjust. Put them on just a good quality dry food and stay away from canned food or fresh meat until it has settled and introduce them back slowly.

Worms, have you wormed them? Sometimes the worming paste/tablet can make them vomit. And then sometimes a worm burden can make them vomit as well.

Try those and if it still continues a trip to the vet may be the go. Good luck
Maybe they just ate something nasty. Chances are it'll wear off. Good luck! ;)
The usual suggestion -- take them to a vet. Nobody can diagnose over the phone or in PetQnA.com .
You should take your cats to the vet because he'd know the best by going to college and learning about that stuff.
I dont know if this will be right or not...but...when i got my cat there were simularities...he even hid behind the washing machine foro a week...we had to bring him food...so my suggestion is to just LOVE them, give them lots of cuddles, also they could be allergic to something..maybe a disease of somesort, but they ar eprobably just scarred...also never give them milk!!! there is a special kind at petco, petsmart etc.
Good Luck! I hope i helped
will when my cat sick she goes outside and eat grass this help her give it a try it might help your cat
did you hear about the pet food recall on the news? its killing a lot of animals, it could be the foods they are eating.
go the the web site below, for a list of recalled pet foods

No comments:

Post a Comment