Friday, May 21, 2010

What does "meow" mean?

I have been asking my cats for years and they won't tell me. I adopted a stray recently and he says "meowow". What does that mean?
Answers:
Meow is a command meaning "I'm hungry" or "Pet me" or "I'm thirsty" or "Gimme some of that food you're eating"...

Meowow means "Mommy? Do you love me? You wouldn't give me away, would you?" or in other words "Would you give me a hug and a kiss?" or it could mean "I got a tummy ache"...

Meeeoooww means it is their period and they have the cramps...
It's how you say "woof" in Catish.
It means I want food, love or toys.
HUBBA HUBBA
it means feed me or pet me.....meow
hello, good morning, happy to see you.
It is a catty remark , he hates you.
It means "You will do my bidding, my new slave, and you'll enjoy it because I'm so darned cute!!!"

And if you don't buy your cats a grand piano, they will never be the musical genius that this cat is:
i thin they say u that u re very beautiful:)))but it s real:))
it means...dumb human go onto the web and make a fool out of yourself!!!
Anything that it wants to say. There have been studies that show intonation : length, tone are the main indicators of what the cat is trying to tell us.
there are different kinda of meows. a plane meow usually means hi! good to see you. a meow with a type of rrrrrrrr with it is a purr- meow of a very content cat. he's meow/purring. a restless meow, cat acting frantic, something's wrong and it's up to you to find out what it is. i have a cat who does that for everything, to go out or to eat, which he wants to do 24/7. after a while you'll learn his personality and know what he wants. you can buy a book on cats ( maybe the dummy's line has one ) and some of them explain what the meow means. i think i have one and will look for it later. if i find it i'll send you the meow info in it so you don't have to buy the book. the meow's definatly mean something tho and your cat is glad you noticed.
It means "I acknowledge your existence, because you're not so bad for a human, but don't forget I am in charge"
my cat rarely says meow. he usually says mow or mrow.
it means " i am grateful to meet you in my life." isn't that nice?
I read at the Vet the other day that cats have something like 500 different "words", and I totally believe that!
My 2 cats have very different ways to communicate wth us, and "I want to go out" is very different from "I am hungry" or even "leave me alone". When they are looking at a bird or a squirrel from a window they make a "chirping" sound, and when they play with each other, yet different sounds.
So you just have to pay attention and figure out what he is trying to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment