Friday, May 21, 2010

What do I do about the neighbors dogs killing my cat?


Answers:
Call the local PD and see if they can come and take a report. They might take the dog away from your neighbors and it could possibly be put to sleep at the SPCA, or you could take them to court and they could pay a hefty fine to the city or pay you from a civil case.
call the Humian Society
you can have the dog listed as dangerous with the police then lobby the court to have the animal put down and seek damages due to a dangerous dog.
sneak in the neighbors house at nite, and slaughter the dog.
JK
kill the dog!! they are both possesions not people.
If your cats are straying into a dog owner's yard then there is nothing you can do. You can't change the innate behavior of a dog. That's why whenever I have a cat it is always an indoor only cat. Some people own dogs just to keep cats away.
take the owners to court..
If the cat was in their property you can do nothing because tech it was trespassing and people have a right to let their dogs rome free on their own property. its a really dumb rule i know!
Tough situation. Been there and even took the neighbor to court to have her dogs dealt with..but it was mostly just a "trip to the land of the stupid" Even though I 'won' my case, it didnt bring my cat back nor did the neighbor take any real and lasting action to
confine her dogs.
that's horrible! U can take the owner to court unless of course your cat was in their garden.
Call your local Humane Society and report the dog to Animal Control. The dog may be overly aggressive due to abuse, you never know, but the authorities should be notified. Next time it could be a small child injured and this dog whether on his own property or not may be considered a menace.
Not much can be done. Most states do not consider the domestic house cat as they do dogs. Your cat was probably on his property? Now if the dog came into your yard or house, that would be different. Same rings true if your neighbor complains about your cats peeing in their flower beds or hanging out in their yard - most states don't recognize the cat like a dog... cats roam free ...and sometimes suffer the consequences.
well, personally if it was my cat i would report the dog to the proper authorities because if you do not report the dog now then the next time it may be worse, he may kill a child if this dog has this kind of behavior.
I have two kittens now because i had to have my cat put to sleep 3 weeks ago and if a a dog,human being etc etc ever hurt them then they would have to deal with me because i will not tolerate anyone or another animal hurting my kittens.

you may also want to go to petloss.com to help deal with your loss of your cat, i did and the people there are a great help and very caring.

It is your choice in what you decide to do but i would not let them away with it, talk to your neighbor and try to come up with some kind of agreement on what you can do to settle this situation you are faced with.

good luck and keep us updated on what happens.

Maureen
I'm so sorry about your cat. I know just how you feel. My beautiful little girl, Princess, was killed by a coyote two weeks ago. I have loved and lost other cats, but never one like this. She was a very special little cat with a wonderful personality. I cried for days and I miss her so much.

Did the neighbor's dog come into your yard? If so, then you should call the police and report the dog. If it is a dangerous dog and has hurt others before, then possibly the dog could be taken away from the neighbor. Most likely, the dog will be put down if it is a danger to others. However, if your cat was wandering on their property, then you may not be able to do much. There are many dangerous dogs out there who don't like cats. And there are irresponsible dog owners who don't keep their dogs locked up in their own house/yard. But, the dog was doing what comes naturally, it's really the owner's fault.

It helped me to put together a photo album with all of my cat's pictures and some of my friends sent me cards and emails, so I put those in there too. I framed some of her pictures and put them around the house so I can see her pretty face. It hurt me at first to look at them, but I don't want to ever forget her. I have two other male cats, and they miss her, too. I'm thinking about getting two little girl kittens, not to replace her because no cat will ever replace my Princess, but to know that I'm giving two little babies a good home will make me feel better.

Your cat crossed the Rainbow Bridge (look up the poem on the internet... it's beautiful) and is in heaven waiting for you. She knows how much you love her and you will see her again someday when you go to heaven.
You need to call Animal Control in your area and let them know...
They will help...

No comments:

Post a Comment