Monday, May 24, 2010

What does it mean when the cat goes around randomly pawing at stuff?

Not like the normal scratching behavior, just a sort of like pawing lightly a pretty much everything. She hasn't done this before.
Answers:
Sounds to me like your cat may be bored. Get out a cat toy and play with your cat for a little bit. Her claws may also be getting a little long. You can buy some claw trimmers at a pet store. It's a two person job and not recommended if you don't know what you are doing. A vet can always trim your cat claws for you. A good scratching post is a worthy investment as well. Just note that some cats like carpet, rope, upright or flat scratching posts. All cats are different.
it's normal all cats do that it has to do something with thier claws...
Cats are curious creatures, you know? or maybe something wrong with her paws, check them to be sure that they are okay.
Cats have scent glands in their pads that's why they often scratch at or on things to mark their terriority. You mentioned that SHE just started this, I ddon,t know how old your cat is but it could be that if SHE was young and now is a little bit older She could starting to mature and might be going in to heat if She wasn't fixed?
She's definitely bored. She's looking for something to do. When my cat does that, I look for his favorite toy, and I play with him until he gets tired.
My cat used to do that all of the time. It's just a normal behavior. My cat used to wake my up by tapping me with his paw. I thought it was a human at first. But it wasn't.

If it's new, your cat is most likely "investigating." Same if you changed something.

This could also be a sign of trying to find a place to release herself.

There are too many reasons why your cat could be demonstrating such behavior.
he`s making it softer

No comments:

Post a Comment