Friday, May 21, 2010

What do you think happened?

My cat died on Saturday when I picked him up from the groomers. When I walked into the groomers he was in his carrier meowing (like he always did when he had to go somewhere). Then, after I paid, I turned around and he was dead. The girl from the groomers rushed him to the animal hospital down the street because they thought he might still be breathing. When I got there, they confirmed that he had died. They brushed it off as a heart attack without really examining him. Some of my family members think the groomer made a mistake (not intentional), but my fiancee thinks it was a heart attack. He was a seven year old Persian who had been very healthy. I'm still very shocked, I don't know what to think.
Answers:
This is a hard question to answer... I think you should go back to the groomers and ask them to go through their process of grooming. Perhaps being a mature cat the travel and combined stress f being away from its home environment was just too much... I'm very sorry for your loss. I hope you can come to terms with your loss a painlessly as possible
They give my dog a sedative to calm her during cuts. It could very well have killed it. My dog will wobble around for a whole day after a sedative.
I would have to agree with go back and talk to the groomers. Ask about the process. It could have had heat stroke. They are not supposed to give your animal any sedatives without your permission. You would have to sign something for them to do that. Or sedate your animal before you take them in.
I agree with everyone above-- but your vet should have examined him-- especially if you had to pay. Go back to the vet after being at the groomers and tell him the info you have gathered there then ask for an autopsy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment