Friday, July 31, 2009

What Are Cats Not Aloud To Eat ?

I'm Cleaning Out My Fridge And I'm Giving Her Some Of The Left Overs . I Wasn't Sure What They Can Eat .
Answers:
Human food is made for humans and cat food is made for cats. You wouldn't eat pet food, would you? Then why give your cat people food!? A lot of human food isn't even good for US, let alone a 10 lb. little cat! Animals have different digestive systems and need strict diets. Most people food will make your pet sick, and if not it can lead to bad habits like begging. Sugary foods can help contribute to animal disease like diabetes and cancer. Salty foods will lead to ulcers. Other rich foods (even milk is too rich) can cause diarrhea, upset stomach, and vomiting, and last I checked they don't make Pepto Bismal for kitties! Urinary tract infections, gas, constipation, IBS and weight gain are all also a possibility from people food. And just because an animal sin't showing signs of sickness such as vomiting doesn't mean that they feel crummy on the inside.

The only food I would even THINK of giving my cats is a SMALL scrap of drained tuna *** very very sparingly and very rarely*** as a treat. Your pet's food has been specially designed for good animal health and digestion. It should have everything your animal needs. Stick to that instead. If you want to mix it up give them some kitty treats or edible cat grass instead. Some treats, like Greenies even clean your cat's teeth and help eliminate bad breath. My cats particularly love cat grass, but make sure it is store-bought. DO NOT just use dirty lawn clippings; there is a difference!
No antifreeze
the poop from the litter box, mine got sick and died from that
No onions, chocolate or bones of any kind.
*Allowed

Don't give them too much or they'll get fat.
Cats are usually quite picky and will only eat what they think is good. They only think their choice ... they don't usually tell you aloud.
Well im pretty sure they cant eat human excriment, and other stuff like sausages and pikles and cucumbers, yea. and cockroaches, mash potatoes, more pikles
I gave my cat corned beef yesterday. He has enjoyed it before but I later had to clean regurgitated shredded beef off my nice pile of clean folded laundry. gag.
chocholate iceing pikles icecream lettce if they eat it the will get sick so dont feed them that hope i helped
I generally don't give my animals human food. If you want to, there is a list of foods to avoid feeding your pet on the ASPCA's web site.
i never gave my cat human's food.
NO chocolates and NO salty foods.
jst give the cats' food, tats the best.
i dont think that givign your cat leftovers was a very good idea. i thin kthat if you are wondering what to feed your ccat i would stick to a NORMAL DIET of cat food. DUH!!!
sweet or really fatty human food
cats should not eat anything other than food labeled..cat food. Table scraps are bad for their teeth and their health.
No raisins, they are poisonous to a cat as is chocolate.

You might have a cat that will develop health issues if you feed him junk.

I only give my cats Evo wet food in morning and Evo dry cat food to keep them healthy and cooked chicken breast for treats and lots of water.
I've heard that any kind of greens are okay for cats to eat.

I DO know that pork is NOT good for cats, nor is chocolate.

Eggs are okay as long as they're not bad, of course.

Cheese is okay in VERY VERY small portions. Too much can give a kitty constipation.

Tomato sauce is not good for kitty in large portions...why I don't know but I heard it on a pet tv show once.

Would be helpful to know what kind of leftovers you were tossing out as to whether or not your kitty can have it or not. It's hard to think of everything off the top of my head. (^_^)

Anyway hope this little bit helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment