Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Vomitting after eating?

Hard food soft food it doesnt matter. It doesnt happen all the time but often enough so that its very annoying. It only occurs with 2 of my three cats. suggestions?
Answers:
Stick with the hard food, at least it is easier to clean up.

Sounds like you have two cats too many.
i had a cat that did that. it was because he was eating to much to fast. the vet recomended that i only give him a little bit at a time or put rocks in with his food so he would work around the rocks to get to the food and eat slower. if that is not the problem i would talk to your vet about it.
Don't eat dead rats. My dog vomits after eating them too.
My cat did it too. Finally I realized that if his food dish had gone empty during the night and when I filled it in the morning that he was rushing to eat. And of course shortly after that I would find this big glob of cat barf with whole chunks of food in it. Now, as long as he has food in his dish at all times... I got one of those dispensers where you can fit in five days or food... his vomiting seems to have passed. I guess he had scarcity thoughts about food or something. He has a little extra weight on him but I figured its probably better that he can eat when he wants than to throw up a couple of times a week.
My cat was doing this too. We took him to the vet to have him x-rayed, and his intestines were all clogged and building up, so instead of using his litterbox, he would vomit his food. If the two cats aren't using their litterbox, I would advise taking them to the vet. Our vet gave us Laxatone, and it really helped clear out my cat's intestines.

No comments:

Post a Comment