Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Veteranarians and Animal Experts?

I was trying to put my cat in the bathtub to give her a bath. When I took her off of my shoulder, she scratched my hand. I put vasaline on it because I thought that it would help. Then today i noticed that there is like a rash area on my wrist near the scratch. What is wrong with my hand????? I'm scared
Answers:
Well, you shouldn't have put vasaline on the scratch, you should've either put something like Neosporin on it or washed it out really good with soap and kept it cleaned out and covered. When I get a cat scratch, I usually get a small rash around it but I keep it clean.
u shouldn't hav put Vaseline on it, its not supposed to be used on broken or irritated skin.

wash it.
First mistake was putting your cat in the bathtub, put bacitricin on it, and it will be fine.
You can get Scratch Fever (I can't remember if that's what it's called, but it's something of the sort) if your cat scratched you deep enough. I know someone who got this, and the rash spread up their entire arm. Keep putting antibacterials on it and check for swelling. If in a few days it hasn't gotten any better, or if the swelling spreads farther up your arm or on your hand, go to the doctor. This could be serious, or it could just be a hard scratch from a mad cat.
my employer's cat bit me and i ended up in the ER with a bad infection. here is what the doctor told me:

A cat bite is far worse than any other animal bite. when they scratch you, or bite you, their claws are hooked, and when they draw back out of the flesh, they leave germs and bacteria inside the wound. it can and has caused serious infections. if there is rash, or redness, you need to get it check immediately!

No comments:

Post a Comment