Thursday, July 30, 2009

We left out 12 year old cat alone for 3 days with plenty and I mean plenty of food and water, When we got home

he meowed once and then went under the bed for about 2 hours and wouldn't come out when we coaxed him. Now he is next to me on the bed, purring. Do you think he was mad at us for leaving him alone.
Answers:
Yes. Cats are VERY temperamental. Lavish him with extra attention, go around talking to him, and give him some cat nip, and he will be back to himself in no time.
yep
Probably was upset with being completely alone for 3 days. Did you at least have someone come over once a day to say ''hi'' to the cat, and clean the litter box?

A little socialization goes a long way!
yah, he was just mad at you. Cats have a personality like that, if you leave them alone they get angryyy!
no $#!t! Animals get mad when you leave! How would you feel if someone left you alone for 3 days? Geez... It's common sense!
Separation Anxiety Disorder. Happens to alot of animals.
Yes. I had to leave my cat alone with dad (ha ha) for the weekend and when I came home, I was the wicked witch. It took me two weeks to get back on good terms. They just worry, when we don't come home on time and are mad at us for being gone.
Oh, poor baby, even at 12 he's still your baby, he probably felt hurt that you left him alone, not knowing if you're coming back. He sees you are back and he's a happy puss again.Just keep on loving him, cats usually do quite well on their own, unlike , dogs which ,crave attention.
yes, i most definitely think he was mad at you for leaving him alone for 3 days. he was lonely and missed you. he will be ok just wants lots of love and attention from you.
I bet he was. He was giving you teh silent treatment then after he thought that you learned your lesson, he came out to let you know he forgave you. Cats are smarter than we think. believe me!
Yea, he was upset but has now forgiven you. It's not unusual and probably good for him to realize that he's going to be left alone sometimes. My cats act like I've been gone forever when I come home from work each night, but when I go away for the weekend (or longer), they act like it's no big deal, don't even bother getting out of their beds. It's ok, at least my cats don't get hysterical or retaliatorial. And I know if I just take them both with me for a nap, they will know that everything is back to normal--napping together is the one thing we do together that calms them down (after earthquakes this really helps).
Yep, but in no time you will find yourself forgiven. Theirs is a love that is truly unconditional.
definitely..next time you should hire a pet sitter or have a friend or neighbor stop in to check on him and give him some attention so he is not so lonely.
I think he was confuised about it, more than anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment