Thursday, July 30, 2009

What age should I get my kittens vaccinated for rabies?

Is 10 weeks too early?
Answers:
Kittens should be vaccinated any time after 16 weeks. You have to give them time to develop. I volunteer for a rescue group and adopted a kitten from there and when I had him vaccinated for rabies it was at 16 weeks. They also need what is sometimes called a distemper shot at 8, 12, and 16 weeks. I suggest you set up the vet appointments ahead of time so you don't have to worry about availability issues.

And to the person that said as soon as they open their eyes: That is probably the worst thing you could do to a kitten. That would most likely kill them.
My vet wouldn't vaccinate mine until they were at least 5 months old. Their other shots they got at 6 weeks though.
yes. And do it before they become a year old
as soon as she opens her eyes and starts walking!!!
probably, just do it before they become 1 year old

No comments:

Post a Comment