Sunday, August 2, 2009

What can I use to keep my cat off my printer? he jumps on it and hits the power button.?


Answers:
Try Sticky Paws, or double sided tape, if you don't mind your printer being sticky for a little while. Cats don't like the sticky feeling, and will keep off whatever you stick it to. I had a problem with my cats jumping up on my flat screen tv, and making it wobble precariously, and Sticky Paws did the trick. A few jumps on it, and they decided not to do it anymore. Its not permanent and leaves no residue, so you can remove it once your cat learns not to jump up on the printer.
Put an upside-down box over it when not in use.
squirt him with a water gun(at close range so not to wet your equipment) or place crumbled up tin foil on it. they don't like to walk on it
you might try putting a plastic bowl on top of it so it has no where to sit
My cat does that.
U have to live with it or move the printer I guess.
Or u can put something over the printer button.
Good luck.
Move your printer... or put moth balls near your printer...
aww thats cute err =p cats have their own favorite spot to lie down.. so i suggest you get a mat placed within the periphery of the printer. Soon he'l choose to just lie down on the mat and not jump on your printer.
Your cat is very smart. He/she wants to do what you do. He/she is showing you that he can help you out. Some cats play the piano. So here's what you do. Don't punish him/her. Put your printer in a closet door. I have mine on a shelf in my office behind a closed "closet" type door. You know a cabinet. You are lucky to have a smart cat. My cat likes to dial the phone. Have a great day!
He does this because he wants attention, and he wants to be around you. I take it you are at the computer a lot? My parents had the same problem with their cat. They came up with a good solution for it.

Take a piece of shag carpet, about 1 1/2 feet by 1 feet, and find a place for it on your computer desk. The cat will end up lying on it, and all you have to do is pet it once in a while.
Roll a piece of paper up and hit the cat with it. Tell him no when you do it. Every time he gets up there hit him with that paper.
My cat was taught that it's not allowed to jump onto tables of any kind, kitchen counters, anything like that is out of bounds. We've been persistent, so kitty avoids tables etc.
Ever had a paper jam or malfunction due to cat hairs? LOL!
get a spray bottle, fill with water, spray him when he is on it, or about to jump on it

No comments:

Post a Comment