Sunday, August 2, 2009

What can I use to get rid of ants in the house that will not be harmful to my cat?


Answers:
just used ant kill... its a liquid that ants love to eat, they take it back to their nest and it kills the whole nest.

just pour it into cracks or places where your cat cant reach.
.
Baby powder in the corners of { where ever your ants are} I use this and my dog has no interest in it. It works and is Cheap. Good Luck
cornmeal and cayenne pepper
a good way to off the little buggers (are they sugar ants?the teeny ones) mix Ajax or some other scrubbing product Bon Ami or something with karo syrup (or something sweet) tuck it away on your countertop (I used a bottle cap) they will be attracted to the sweet substance but the Ajax cleanser will stick to their feet - they take this back to the next and it's fatal.

I use this and my cats have to eat on the counter (my dog steals their food) and they've never bothered the stuff..You can use a commercial product called Terro, which contains Borax. It comes in a little bottle and you put it on a piece of cardboard and put it on the path the ants are taking. We use several as soon as we see ants.
DO NOT buy ant spray from a shop, it only work when it is 1st put down, when the air gets to it, it stops working, as it drys up,,, i was told this today off rentokil.

use those small white/ blue ant boxes, odor free and safe for your cat, only thing with them is,,,, they only hold a few ants at anytime, so make sure you check on them about twice a day and empty it out.
when I lived down south we used grits. put a small amount of grits in a small bottle cap and place where the ants can get to it. make sure you have plenty of water near by. The way it should work is the ants eat the grits then go for the water, they drink the water and it makes them swell up and pop.
what I have found that works the best: we had a major ant problem last year, was to mix borax and icing sugar and place it in places where the ants are coming from, they take it back to the queen and it kills her. It worked for us.
I hope this helps
Bay leaves are natural, nontoxic and easily available. They are recommended by several home remedy books.
At the restaurants I have worked in, we used salt. I'm not sure how it effects cats, so I would check on that.
Anything with Orange or Citrus Oil in it. Lemon Oil would work also. They run from the stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment